The beginning of autumn color has me jonesing for a little more than a leaf peeping drive-- a real autumn escape, cabin and all! It's not even remotely in the budget, but that doesn't keep me from browsing airbnb for the perfect autumn getaway. Here's 6 of my favorites:
1. Above, escape to this adorable Japanese Forest House made of local salvaged wood, and set in Oregon's gorgeous coastal rainforest. You'll find gorgeous scenic drives virtually everywhere, and check out orfallfoliage on Instagram for inspiration.
2. Take a group of friends to this rustic, eclectic Artist Retreat with 5 levels and room for 8 people in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Take a hike in the crisp air, or just stroll between gallery tours in town.
3. Stay in this cute renovated vintage Schoolhouse in Cabot, Vermont. The state abounds with Fall Foliage and Harvest Festivals, so there's no shortage of autumnal things to do!
4. Have your morning cup of coffee on the balcony of this Rustic Cabin overlooking the Great Smoky Mountains in North Carolina. You could go hiking or explore the area, but I'm not sure I'd ever need to leave this view, especially once the leaves have changed.
5. This cozy Mountain Retreat is set on 31 acres in the New York Catskills, but that doesn't mean you have to forgo internet access. Jump in the car for a scenic drive, or just hang out and split your time between the porch and the fireplace, while your boyfriend cooks for you in the chef's kitchen ;)
6. Explore Nashville from this Mid-Century Modern Nashville home with plenty of backyard space. If you can tear yourself away from the house and Nashville, Natchez Trace Parkway offers ample leaf peeping opportunities (and a whole new road trip in itself!)
Any favorite autumn getaway spots to add? What are your plans for October?